Wednesday 17 July 2013

27 degrees in Stafford...so far!

At 2pm here near Stafford it is showing 27 degrees. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the sun seems to get hotter in the afternoon? Maybe by then, I've just had enough HOT-ness don't know.

This morning while watering the pots and so on I was outside in the heat for about half an hour and I could feel the sun really burning the back of my neck and legs. The dogs are in the house with the blinds down, the windows open and periodic layers of cool wet towels on their tums and feet.

I was at the shops earlier today and a lady at the green grocers who was queuing with me while we were all in various states of a lather, said, 'Oh its wonderful for getting the hay in' and we've got another 10 days of this at least. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment